7 Mart 2013 Perşembe

The New Testament calls him the prophet of God


Trinitarianism's core belief consists of asserting that Prophet Jesus (pbuh) is not just a messenger sent to his people, but that he is the actual physical son of God. (Surely God is beyond that!) The fact is, however, that the New Testament describes him as a messenger who calls people to believe and submit to God. In his message, Prophet Jesus (pbuh) always insists that he is a sent messenger. The way that he tells God, I have given them Your word… (John, 17:14) is particularly striking. He is a prophet, just as Solomon, Moses, David (peace be upon them all), and Muhammad (may God bless him and grant him peace) were, a messenger who only communicates the message of God. Indeed, the New Testament records that Moses (pbuh) said: God will send you a prophet like me from your own people (Acts, 7:37). Some of the statements in the New Testament verifying Prophet Jesus' status as a prophet are as follows:
He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to God, Who sent me. (John 14:24)
Do not believe me unless I do what my Lord does. But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles. (John 10:37-38)
After the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus did, they began to say: "Surely this is the prophet who is to come into the world." (John 6:14
He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. (Luke 24:19)
They do not know the One Who sent me. (John 15:21)
He [God] sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways. (Acts 3:26)
Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus, whom You have sent. I have brought You glory on Earth by completing the work You gave me to do…I have revealed You to those whom You gave me out of the world. They were Yours; You gave them to me, and they have obeyed Your word. Now they know that everything You have given me comes from You, for I gave them the words You gave me, and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from You, and they believed that you sent Me. (John 17:3-8)
I tell you the truth, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the One Who sent me. (John 13:20)
I am not here on my own, but He Who sent me is true. You do not know Him, but I know him because I am from Him and He sent me. (John 7:28-29)
Jesus replied: "Let us go somewhere else—to the nearby villages—so I can preach there also. That is why I have come. (Mark 1:38)
Jesus answered: "The work of God is this: to believe in the one He has sent." (John 6:29)
… for the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God. (John 3:34)
He Who sent me is reliable, and what I have heard from Him I tell the world. (John 8:26)
But he [Jesus] said to them: "I have food to eat that you know nothing about." Then his disciples asked each other: "Could someone have brought him food?" "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of Him Who sent me and to finish His work." (John 4:32-34)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder