7 Mart 2013 Perşembe

The essence of Prophet Jesus' message: believe in and serve God


According to trinitarian belief, faith in Prophet Jesus (pbuh) is the precondition of Christianity, and whoever rejects this doctrine is not a true Christian. Yet there are clear statements in the New Testament that undermine these claims. In particular, Prophet Jesus' (pbuh) message is built on calling people to have faith in God alone, for he resolves the people's questions and doubts by calling on them to submit to God. For example:
Jesus answered: "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.'"(Luke 4:8)
I tell you the truth. Whoever hears my word and believes Him Who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. (John 5:24)
No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. (Matthew 6:24)
Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind." (Matthew 22:37)
A teacher of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him: "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?" "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." "Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God is One and there is no other but Him." (Mark 12:28-32)
So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said: "Lord, I thank you that You have heard me. I knew that You always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that You sent me." (John 11:41-42)
Then Jesus cried out: "When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the One Who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the One Who sent me. I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him, for I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word that I spoke will condemn him on the Last Day, for I did not speak of my own accord, but God, Who sent me, told me what to say and how to say it. I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what God has told me to say." (John 12:44-50)
Saray
These statements clearly state that Prophet Jesus (pbuh), like all the other prophets, was no more than God's chosen servant and that he submitted to Him completely. He related the message of God to his people and called on them to have faith in God, the One and Only. Throughout his life, he encountered very difficult circumstances. But despite the large numbers of opponents who sought to impede his message, he continued to expound it, exhibiting a very superior patience. With his powerful fear and respect of God, he continued to call people to believe in God, the Creator of the universe, and to be His servant until he was raised to His presence. All this makes it quite clear that Prophet Jesus (pbuh) was not the actual physical son of God (Surely God is beyond that!), but only a prophet who brought glad tidings from God to his people, who warned them about the Day of Judgment, invited them to acquire and then live according to the proper moral values, and called on them to free themselves from all sorts of misguided beliefs. Not only the Prophet himself, but also those Jews who heeded his message, adopted his recommendations, and followed his path are all muwahhidun (Unitarians). The oppression they suffered never wore them down, and as true monotheists, they never departed from the path of Prophet Jesus (pbuh). They are known to us as the Nazareans.
Dağ manzarası
 
[Remember when God said: "Jesus, son of Mary,] when I inspired the Disciples to believe in Me and in My Messenger, they said: "We believe. Bear witness that we are Muslims." (Surat al-Ma'ida: 111)
(Maide Suresi, 111)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder